Question to Zolk

sw4400

I've been all over trying to find the more modern CTA Buses in a die-cast collectable form.  Can you ask him/her if the CTA is planning to release the following buses as collectable Die-Cast models and when?

• 9800 or 1600 Series Flyer D901A
  • 4000 Series M.A.N Americana
  • 4400 Series TMC RTS
  • 5300&6000 Series Flxible Metros
  • 5800 Series New Flyer
  • 6400 Series NOVABus
  • 7500 Series NABIBus Articulated

This is a lot to ask of you, I understand.  But I have been everywhere and tried every website known to locate these buses, but I get nothing.  I would greatly appreciate it, Zolk if you could ask this person about the possibility these buses will come out in a 1/18, 1/32, 1/64, or 1/72 scale.  I really don't care about the scale so much as a good detailed model.

-sw4400

Whenever the CTA resells die-cast buses (such as the New Looks that were sold a few years ago), they are manufactured by Corgi. Corgi has the tendency to make one bus design and reuse it for multiple transit agencies, making any minor changes when appropriate. That would lead me to believe that Corgi plays a larger roll than CTA in the manufacturing of these buses.

I will ask someone at CTA about the possibility of additional CTA model buses being created in the future, however you may want to contact Corgi as well and submit a request to them.