Sickening survey

The last Pace Moving Forward* had a reader question about bus washing, and the answer contained the following:

If an incident occurs requiring an immediate cleaning while the bus is on the road, the bus is pulled from service for the safety and comfort of passengers on board and a second bus is dispatched to replace it on the route.

So do the drivers or garage staff here have any real life examples of the type of detritus (to use a term used elsewhere in the article) to which this refers? Do a lot of people puke on the bus?

*I posted this in General Transit Discussion because I assume this is not limited to Pace.

The last Pace Moving Forward* had a reader question about bus washing, and the answer contained the following:

So do the drivers or garage staff here have any real life examples of the type of detritus (to use a term used elsewhere in the article) to which this refers? Do a lot of people puke on the bus?

*I posted this in General Transit Discussion because I assume this is not limited to Pace.

I can personally say on 2 separate occasions I have gotten buses back on the road so the operators didn't have to wait for replacements(once for spilled coffee which the smell was causing trouble for the passengers and once when a drunk "disposed" of his "breakfast")both times in Riverdale.

• 2 weeks later...

In the years of being a bus driver I have had several people poop their pants. A couple of people puke on the bus. I even had someone bleed out on my bus. I always had a priority on bus change. What I found to be interesting is that when I had someone poop (I mean blow out their pants) none on the bus said anything. I am driving and smell something bad and I stop and found a surprise. You would think someone would say something.

• 2 weeks later...