Pace YouTube

twyztdmynd

A couple of quick observations:

On the 213, it looks like the bus is trying to run over someone at Benson and Davis. I remember, way back, a Nortran making an illegal right turn on red when I was crossing there, and I had to run to escape.

The 832 gives a tour of the outside of Statesville. I thought it was going to stop at the prisoner exit gate (sort of like Elwood at the old Joliet Prison), but then I remember that the main source of business for the old 831 was the Saturday trip to Statesville. I guess the visitors now have to take the longer trip of 379 to 834.

The photographer is apparently not riding the bus, as he blows by the bus making the required stop at the railroad crossing.

Finally, as I thought, there doesn't seem to be any potential for passengers in Homer Glen. I wonder why they changed the route from 143rd (when it was 831) to 159th.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, I am still waiting for the one for 422. Besides probably meeting the criterion that it needs help, it would have to be about 15 minutes long to cover all the twists and turns (the bus turns left at Waukegan, right on Dewes, right on Harlem, coming close to but not at the Metra station, right on Glenview, left on Waukegan [all within 1/4 mile]...and the return trip is in the same direction), or else it would be more head spinning than the 714 one.

On the other hand, I'm still not sure why they did 349 or 307 (still have ridership, and are fairly straight).

• 2 months later...

Route 208 Evanston to Schaumburg

http://www.youtube.c...ure=uploademail

Contains too many flashbacks of bad experiences.:angry::lol:

• Both this and the 213 one start with turning right from Benson to Davis. I remember when a Nortran new look made an illegal right turn on red there and almost ran me over in the crosswalk.
  • Old Orchard reminds me that I have to check out the new food court.
  • You certainly don't want to hear my story about the OCC Lot B entrance. Involves someone I mention below.
  • 6067, one of the transfers from W to NW shows up here.
  • The quick trip past the NW garage fails to show that whatever buildings were in front of the garage have been demolished and the land has been cleared and has a for sale sign. I wonder if that has any connection to the statement in the 2010 Budget that land for a replacement garage was available cheap.
  • Cumberland Circle reminds me of a a person I mentioned earlier who had to get from about Golf and Washington (the shopping center is depicted there is not Four Flaggs, as the narrator says, but Talisman Center) to Rand and Central. I told her that no bus was there, but she said that the RTA said to take 221. Turns out that was right, but the driver on 208 told her to get off at Des Plaines and wait for the 234. I said, he could have just told you to stay on until Cumberland Circle. Why the driver forced the extra transfer is beyond me, but I am also confused by that the 221 schedule shows some buses from Rosemont departing Cumberland Metra Station for Wolf-Piper but not arriving at that Metra station. Any explanation?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pace YouTube has teamed with WCIU/26 for several spots called 'My Pace, with Aly.' So far they've highlighted route 250 and 530. A link to the PaceBus

YouTube:

http://www.youtube.c...PaceSuburbanBus

I had seen the release, and the rear end of the 250 one on 26. Googling 26 has more of them.

However, unless Pace is making significant marginal revenue trying to get more riders (and it appears that the other transit authorities aren't, since they complain about loss per trip) one has to wonder who is paying, at least Ali, and apparently for a producer and professional crew, compared to whoever the inside guy is on the YouTubes posted on their site.

Also, I doubt that many at Northwestern are using Campus Connection Pass, and one can point out that unlike the restructuring proposal that would have taken 250 to Sheridan and Central, Davis and Benson isn't that close.

Since it appears that Ali is an employee of The U (on You and Me more than just the My Pace with Ali), here's an idea...

...Why don't they get Svengoolie to do a promo for Route 302 through Berwyyyyyyyn?

They know where they can send me the check.