Rail Suicide

ChicagoNova

I read an article stating that Monday morning, a man's body was found hanging beneath the train tracks at the base of the CTA platform at 2446 W. Eastwood Ave. This is about the 3rd or 4th CTA suicide out of this month alone that I heard about. I don't know. It seems that more men are that depressed that they would kill themselves by jumping on the tracks to electrify themselves or jump in front of a train. Why is that?

I read an article stating that Monday morning, a man's body was found hanging beneath the train tracks at the base of the CTA platform at 2446 W. Eastwood Ave. This is about the 3rd or 4th CTA suicide out of this month alone that I heard about. I don't know. It seems that more men are that depressed that they would kill themselves by jumping on the tracks to electrify themselves or jump in front of a train. Why is that?

We responded about two weeks ago to the Pulaski/Blue Line to a person on the tracks, he landed on the third rail and was cooked! I wont go into any more detail when we removed his body from the tracks. All I can say, it was very graphic!