Clinton Blue Line Stop

rotjohns

The past 3 weeks, I've been riding the blue line and getting on/off the Clinton stop. Every time I get to the stop, I am always seeing 2 Chicago police officers manning the stop underground. It's the only underground stop on the blue line where I see cops every time, both morning and afternoon. Has crime been a problem at this stop in recent months?

Usually that stop is mostly for Greyhound bus riders because the Greyhound Station is at SW block from the Blue Line Station. And I have an suggestion for the Blue Line that they should change the announcement to "This is Clinton, Transfer to Greyhound Station at Clinton". So as for Police been involve at the station, maybe its for the safety for Greyhound riders, but they should make another enterance on the West side of the station (Maybe Remodeling the whole station) for a closer walk to the Greyhound and the Courthouse including an Elevator.

Usually that stop is mostly for Greyhound bus riders because the Greyhound Station is at SW block from the Blue Line Station. And I have an suggestion for the Blue Line that they should change the announcement to "This is Clinton, Transfer to Greyhound Station at Clinton". So as for Police been involve at the station, maybe its for the safety for Greyhound riders, but they should make another enterance on the West side of the station (Maybe Remodeling the whole station) for a closer walk to the Greyhound and the Courthouse including an Elevator.

They could simply say "transfer to Metra trains and Greyhound Station at Clinton". They mention everything else at other underground stops anyway. I agree, that station needs a total makeover, it looks dark and dingy down there. I don't know about the police situation connecting to Greyhound because like I said before, they are on the platforms. I could see if they were by the ticket stations. I was just curious.

They could simply say "transfer to Metra trains and Greyhound Station at Clinton". They mention everything else at other underground stops anyway. I agree, that station needs a total makeover, it looks dark and dingy down there. I don't know about the police situation connecting to Greyhound because like I said before, they are on the platforms. I could see if they were by the ticket stations. I was just curious.

It's good that they're putting police officers on platforms to protect law abiding CTA customers. There should be police on the platforms of the green and blue lines between downtown and the western suburbs too. Law abiding passengers from the western suburbs chose the cheaper CTA trains over Metra to save money, but many switch their choice after witnessing the dangerous level of crime there. I've ridden the green line, and it wasn't fun, constantly being anxious.

It's good that they're putting police officers on platforms to protect law abiding CTA customers. There should be police on the platforms of the green and blue lines between downtown and the western suburbs too. Law abiding passengers from the western suburbs chose the cheaper CTA trains over Metra to save money, but many switch their choice after witnessing the dangerous level of crime there. I've ridden the green line, and it wasn't fun, constantly being anxious.

I don't like the green line either. I've had plenty of occasions where I had the choice of both at the Oak Park stop and decide on Metra instead. People are just crazy. As far as police officers on platforms, I'm not sure if this will be a continuing theme as the city is short of officers as it is. That's why I think the Clinton stop must be some kind of special circumstance. I could see random checks, which might be what they do at other stops. But every day? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they are there, but there will always be the one time that they are not there and something happens. Never fails. The escalators are so long, there's no way the CTA person upstairs would be able to see anything and I'm not 100% sure there are cameras at that stop.