Heritage corridor

Busjack

For example, I read that Pace was recently studying the possibility of supplemental bus service along the Metra HC corridor. However, knowing Pace, if they do go through with it, it will be using the contractor's coaches.

I had seen that in Moving Forward, but according to news sources including the Tribune and Sun-Times, apparently the impetus was a state-funded study to increase Metra service on the Heritage Corridor line.

As usual, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense, in the sense of Lipinski taking credit for something that involves state, not federal money.

Also, with regard to Pace, one can conceive of something like the NCS project, which resulted in Pace North running shuttles that didn't generate any passengers, and were canceled when the grants ran out. At least there theoretically were reverse commute destinations in Buffalo Grove and Vernon Hills. I don't know about any in Willow Springs.

Hence, this seems like throwing away more state money on consultants.

Hence, this seems like throwing away more state money on consultants.

I think the real joke here is that they claim they are broke, don't have equipment,

have to cut payroll, service, yada yada yada, but yet they want to ADD. If they

can't do with what they have now, why should I believe they can operate more ????

(same crap goes for the CTA).

I think the real joke here is that they claim they are broke, don't have equipment,

have to cut payroll, service, yada yada yada, but yet they want to ADD. If they

can't do with what they have now, why should I believe they can operate more ????

(same crap goes for the CTA).

The distinction may be (as indicated by the reference to the 580s), that someone thinks Pace might get a CMAQ or JARC grant to start the service. Of course, as in that case, once the grant runs out, if someone doesn't pick up the tab, the termination of service hearing is scheduled.

However, my reference to consultants was more along the lines that someone always comes up with welfare for the consultants, but it seems more remote that anything gets built. Cf. the reference about a month ago to the North Main vision hearings without any source of capital funding, and no real action for the past 6 years on the New Starts (both CTA and Metra), and, as I mentioned earlier today, the Republicans threatening to cut the program.

Of course, since this was state money, the reference to the state being broke certainly seems valid. Also, Pace, ever since the "capital cost of contracting suit" has had an unrealistic view of recovery ratio and "off the top." Nobody yet has brought up the topic to which I hurled an e-mail back to Pace Government Affairs last week.