103 Must Be Short

trainman8119

But that basically gets down to Huberman representing that he was going to replace 6000s with artics 4 with 3. Also, the intended use of the phantom order for 140 once it became clear that the 208 were replacing NABIs.

Of course, the 6000s are being crushed without replacement, so one would presumably be talking Novas in 2013.

But, I don't have any problem with that, considering that NABI artics were on other than express routes.

If you asked today, I still would say 3, 4, 8, 9, 20, 49, 79, 87 also maybe 63, 66, 72, 77.

The above list is based on the last Ridership Report. Although it doesn't show productivity any more, I think the proxy of over 2 million rides YTD still works.

My maybes are based on street conditions, while street conditions should not affect the others.I'm also assuming (rightly or wrongly) that Kedzie has some artics on its heavier, non LSD routes

Now, if "where would you put them" refers to garage space, it appears that the only available space is at 77th, unless things get so bad by 2013 that one would be replacing Novas 4 with 3.

No "where would you put them" referred to street space though you made me think of a valid point when it comes to actual garage space as well, thinking back on those times I mentioned in other posts of Kedzie for example having a lot of buses parked on the driveway space in front of the garage as well as the south lot at night before the 2009 cuts brought it 24 hour bus routes again in the form of the 60 and 62. Yes Kedzie does put artics on some of its heavier local routes and the routes you mentioned be able to handle some artics. But I was thinking on the fact that so many CTA routes operate on streets that are as wide or have multiple lanes in one direction as you have on Western, Ashland or Chicago Avenue. A good number of Chicago main streets are single lane in each direction, and you also have alderman who have gone stop sign crazy resulting in block after block of hitting stop signs so I would imagine you'd have a lot of bottlenecks in traffic like on Belmont, Clark, Damen or Kimball during rush hour as seen currently. Adding a lot of artics in the mix pretty much gum up the works even more.