Glaval Titan

I just bought a brand new bus from a local Florida Bus Dealer for our church. Its the Glaval Titan and I love it. Just wanted to see if anyone has had any problems with their Glaval so I know what I am in store for. Thanks!

Not sure on the Glaval themselves, but I can tell you a little about the engine and powertrain. The Duramax 6.6L Diesel Engine should be a good quality engine(these are the same Diesel Engines you find in the Chevy and GMC Diesel Pickups & 2500 and 3500 Series Diesel Cargo Vans). The Allison Transmission can be good, but it has it quirks since it is an all electronic push button transmission. Sometimes they get stuck in a gear while driving, and you have to usually shut the vehicle down for about 30 seconds and restart it to fix it(that's happened with International School Buses with the Allison Transmission and I believe some of our CTA New Flyers 1930-2029 series, maybe even the Artics). Hopefully, your bus will yield many years of good use as long as you follow the manufacturer's recommendation for routine maintenance. Good luck!!!

The Allison Transmission can be good, but it has it quirks since it is an all electronic push button transmission. Sometimes they get stuck in a gear while driving, and you have to usually shut the vehicle down for about 30 seconds and restart it to fix it(that's happened with International School Buses with the Allison Transmission and I believe some of our CTA New Flyers 1930-2029 series, maybe even the Artics).

I think this is the same problem that affected the Pace 2400 series NABIs. Also I remember talking to a mechanic at Mid Wisconsin Buses, out of Antigo, WI. He noted that the Allison transmissions had some issues too. He did say that they aren't anything that can't be either worked around or fixed, though.

I know Pace's 2400 series NABIs seem to been fixed early on, and that they don't usually have transmission issues anymore. At least nothing out of the ordinary for a transit bus.