Driver distraction

sw4400

I've noticed this woman on several Forest Glen bus routes just standing next to the driver and talking for basically her whole trip. Anyone with Operator experience know her? Is she some off-duty Operator or Bus Garage employee? Sorry I couldn't get a better picture, but her back was turned.

post-10-13350397062865_thumb.jpg

She must be a CTA employee, but does she have the right to tell customers what routes Operators are going to be on and what their run numbers are?

She should be reported. She shouldnt be handing out personal information she knows about other operators.

I would definitely get the police to handle her. She looks like a man from behind with those shoulders.

She should be reported. She shouldnt be handing out personal information she knows about other operators.

I would definitely get the police to handle her. She looks like a man from behind with those shoulders.

I can tell you she is a female. Who she is, I'm not sure. I couldn't get a front shot because she would've saw me photographing her. If those seats behind the driver on the NOVA(#6751) was unattended, she would've sat there.

I can tell you she is a female. Who she is, I'm not sure. I couldn't get a front shot because she would've saw me photographing her. If those seats behind the driver on the NOVA(#6751) was unattended, she would've sat there.

I did contact Forest Glen, and the operator said mystery woman shouldn't be giving out confidential information to passengers. I will call back to speak to the Garage Supervisor and see if they'll review the tapes to see who she is and if she works there(probably not for long if so).

Well, I couldn't reach the Forest Glen Supervisor, as he was on a field call. I did, however, E-Mail the CTA about it. Hopefully, they'll do something about this.

She shouldnt be speaking to the operator period unless shes looking for transit information! But to be carrying on a conversation especilly about other operators personal business, thats a no! no!.

I hope this person realizes what shes doing and stops. Otherwise shes looking for trouble!

Ok, I got a response from the CTA(probably just the standard automatic one), but I'll share it with you...

Thank you for your comments. We have forwarded your concerns to the responsible General Manager for review.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

CTA FEEDBACK TEAM

I urge those on this forum... if you see this woman on any buses hanging around talking "shop talk" to the driver while he/she is driving or giving out run numbers or routes other operators will be on, get the time and route you witnessed it, bus number and run number you were on, and contact the Garage Supervisor for that route and inform them. She is is a medium build hispanic female, 25-35 years of age with long dark brown or black curly hair in a ponytail(see photo above in 1st post). She always has a baseball cap on and usually wears a jacket like the one you see in the picture. She is 5'3"-5'6". She needs to face discipline and/or termination for her actions on the buses keeping the driver distracted needlessly while he/she is operating the bus and now giving out confidential run numbers and route information of Bus Operators to passengers.

Bus Operators on this forum... I strongly urge you to turn this fellow CTA Bus Operator or employee into your supervisor. I'm sure you can do it confidentially so she doesn't know John or Jane Doe turned her in. Your supervisor should keep your identity confidential.

Ok, I got a response from the CTA(probably just the standard automatic one), but I'll share it with you...

Thank you for your comments. We have forwarded your concerns to the responsible General Manager for review.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

CTA FEEDBACK TEAM

I urge those on this forum... if you see this woman on any buses hanging around talking "shop talk" to the driver while he/she is driving or giving out run numbers or routes other operators will be on, get the time and route you witnessed it, bus number and run number you were on, and contact the Garage Supervisor for that route and inform them. She is is a medium build hispanic female, 25-35 years of age with long dark brown or black curly hair in a ponytail(see photo above in 1st post). She always has a baseball cap on and usually wears a jacket like the one you see in the picture. She is 5'3"-5'6". She needs to face discipline and/or termination for her actions on the buses keeping the driver distracted needlessly while he/she is operating the bus and now giving out confidential run numbers and route information of Bus Operators to passengers.

Bus Operators on this forum... I strongly urge you to turn this fellow CTA Bus Operator or employee into your supervisor. I'm sure you can do it confidentially so she doesn't know John or Jane Doe turned her in. Your supervisor should keep your identity confidential.

"I would definitely get the police to handle her." "I urge those on this forum..." "She needs to face discipline and/or termination for her actions...."

EVERYBODY TAKE A DEEP BREATH. Did she put her hands over his eyes while driving? If so, do he complain? If the person driving the bus doesn't ask her to sit down, why do you want her to "face discipline and/or termination?" If I am driving, is it not MY responsability to stop someone from distracting me. In your excitement, you meant to say the operator, right? Did she tell an unsupecting customer about another employee and run number? What happened then?

Report it, yes, but guys...please...calm down.

• Upvote 5

If I am driving, is it not MY responsability to stop someone from distracting me. In your excitement, you meant to say the operator, right?

Yes, it's your responsibility... but would you seriously tell a fellow employee/bus operator "Hey, leave me alone. I'm driving here." Be honest... this is a fellow employee, not a random passenger you pick up who has a story to tell.

Did she tell an unsupecting customer about another employee and run number? What happened then?

She did tell customers about certain drivers from Forest Glen and what days they'll be on the #152 and #85. All they gotta do is wait for those buses with those run numbers she gave out. Why do passengers want to know what route certain drivers are on? Do they just want to say "Hello!!!" to the driver or come on board with a weapon and beat the driver up because he/she angered them either on or off the clock in the past? I wouldn't tell a stranger your schedule at work if they say "Hey, when does (i8itall4u) work again? Can you give me their next working shift?"

What this Operator/employee did could possibly be dangerous for those using that run number on those routes. Most of that bus that overheard her conversation knew what routes and run numbers she was mentioning. Do I remember, no. But I heard her talking about the routes these drivers were on and what their run numbers were. They can discipline and possibly terminate her for that. I talked to the Forest Glen Operator and told her what was mentioned and she said "Yeah, she shouldn't be giving out that information." That is something her manager/supervisor is going to have to pull her in and talk to her about. She's been hanging with drivers for a long while now. I've seen her of Irving Park runs, Addison runs... even a Lincoln run once.