2011 Maryland Transit Administration Bus Roadeo

Do the "historic buses" come from a museum, or does MTA have the resources to maintain a collection?

I ask that based on the Chicago society having financial problems, and was reminded by the following:

Ah, the times I wish I was a rich man and could afford to buy a few retired transit buses... ;)

Do the "historic buses" come from a museum, or does MTA have the resources to maintain a collection?

I ask that based on the Chicago society having financial problems, and was reminded by the following:

MTA only owns the bus in the first photo. The rest are from private owners.

MTA only owns the bus in the first photo. The rest are from private owners.

Thanks.

I guess I should have figured it out in that there were Metro (WMATA) and SEPTA buses there.

I would question the authenticity of 1912's paint job, in that IIRC, around 1977, when WMATA took over the various bus systems (and, IMO, never really integrated them, given the still persisting route numbering system, with letters before and after the numbers), appeared to the visitor to be pretty much New Looks, and at that 35 foot ones. Also, at that time, company names, such as "DC Transit, a Division of Trans Carribean Airways," WMA, and ABW were still prevalent.

Thanks.

I guess I should have figured it out in that there were Metro (WMATA) and SEPTA buses there.

I would question the authenticity of 1912's paint job, in that IIRC, around 1977, when WMATA took over the various bus systems (and, IMO, never really integrated them, given the still persisting route numbering system, with letters before and after the numbers), appeared to the visitor to be pretty much New Looks, and at that 35 foot ones. Also, at that time, company names, such as "DC Transit, a Division of Trans Carribean Airways," WMA, and ABW were still prevalent.

1912 is actually an ex-Baltimore Transit Company TDH-5105, a sister coach of 1909. It was donated to WMATA, which repaired and repainted it into its current scheme.