What is it ?

trainman8119

Since I have moved to downtown Des Plaines, I have noticed a bus from North Shore (NABI) headed

south into town from River Road. It goes down Lee to the Metra Station then back to the garage.

I see only one, about 6pm during the week. Couldn't see a route number headed south, and by

the time it gets to the station it is already "To Garage".

What is this ??

Update: I had mentioned this earlier in connection with a "nonexistent route" on Webwatch, but someone pointed to me where it was on the website, at which point I noted that it didn't make sense to have a bus terminating in Des Plaines out of NS. Also, since there is nowhere to park at Willow and Sanders, I tried physically tracking the bus at Des Plaines, but it didn't show up, apparently because it wasn't going to make the run empty. Apparently it now has some ridership.

• Upvote 4

Update: I had mentioned this earlier in connection with a "nonexistent route" on Webwatch, but someone pointed to me where it was on the website, at which point I noted that it didn't make sense to have a bus terminating in Des Plaines out of NS. Also, since there is nowhere to park at Willow and Sanders, I tried physically tracking the bus at Des Plaines, but it didn't show up, apparently because it wasn't going to make the run empty. Apparently it now has some ridership.

Thanks. I really had no idea. I guess it is along the lines of a shuttle bug, but from the UP instead

of the Milwaukee.

Thanks. I really had no idea. I guess it is along the lines of a shuttle bug, but from the UP instead

of the Milwaukee.

Sort of similar to when 649 ran from Aon on Milwaukee Ave to Des Plaines (and there was 648 to Glenview), but both died.

• 1 year later...

Sort of similar to when 649 ran from Aon on Milwaukee Ave to Des Plaines (and there was 648 to Glenview), but both died.

On "both died," there is a passenger notice that Aon will no longer be directly served by 270 trips. Not clear from that whether the buses will just run to Milwaukee and Lake, or passengers will have to take 270 Glenbrook Hospital or 272.

The reference to "former Aon property" indicates Aon isn't there any more.Somebody told me that, although the Aon site still shows some offices.

• 3 weeks later...

On "both died," there is a passenger notice that Aon will no longer be directly served by 270 trips. Not clear from that whether the buses will just run to Milwaukee and Lake, or passengers will have to take 270 Glenbrook Hospital or 272.

New schedule indicates that the trips end at Golf Mill, as the only thing indicated is that about 1 out of 3 go to Glenbrook Hospital.