77 on lincoln, 14 Jan 2013

brownliner

Tonight (about 8 and 9:15), I saw two west bound 77 Belmont to Cumberland buses north bound on Lincoln turning left on Addison. I haven't seen any reason that should be. I doubt two drivers figured they'd make a scenic drive up Lincoln, so what was up? Both buses were in service, the first one was jammed to the gills.

(My first thought was they can't have restored the 11, can they?)

Tonight (about 8 and 9:15), I saw two west bound 77 Belmont to Cumberland buses north bound on Lincoln turning left on Addison. I haven't seen any reason that should be. I doubt two drivers figured they'd make a scenic drive up Lincoln, so what was up? Both buses were in service, the first one was jammed to the gills.

I would hope the #11 was restored... you just dashed my hopes!!! Thank you, brownliner!!! <_< :P

No it was due to the city shutting down westbound Belmont to all traffic starting at the Belmont/Ashland/Lincoln intersection on Monday morning for some type of construction, possibly sewer work as they've been shutting down streets across the city for the past few months for that reason. It had to be last minute though because the CTA website had no weekday service change notice ahead of time for the 77.