Bus routes through the old CHA projects

MRChiCity

Good evening,

I would like to know if any CTA operators on the forum got assigned to routes that went through or near any of the CHA housing projects, when they were still up? If so what was it like? Did the passengers cause any problems such as trying to dodge fairs? Thank you

Good evening,

I would like to know if any CTA operators on the forum got assigned to routes that went through or near any of the CHA housing projects, when they were still up? If so what was it like? Did the passengers cause any problems such as trying to dodge fairs? Thank you

Well, for me I had a snowball with a rock in it thrown at me at the projects on Western/Jackson while working #126 Jackson. To this day I still cant understand the mentality of a person to do such a thing! It didn't hit me but it blew past my nose and hit the driver side window. I wanted to jump out and beat that punk so bad!

Always fare dodgers! Trying to sneak on the bus, entering through the back doors and on and on!!! I also had a snowball with a rock in it thrown at me at the projects on Western/Jackson while working #126 Jackson. To this day I still cant understand the mentality of a person to do such a thing! It didn't hit me but it blew past my nose and hit the driver side window. I wanted to jump out and beat that punk so bad!

Well, for me I had a snowball with a rock in it thrown at me at the projects on Western/Jackson while working #126 Jackson. To this day I still cant understand the mentality of a person to do such a thing! It didn't hit me but it blew past my nose and hit the driver side window. I wanted to jump out and beat that punk so bad!

Giving new meaning to "Rockwell gardens," did you ever work the division street route when Cabrini Green was still up? Any other operators current or former have similar stories about working routes through former CHA projects when they were still up? Thank you