Destination Signs

The destination signs were usually made out of cloth (older) or mylar (newer). The Illinois Railway Museum has sold some in the past and if you (or anyone else on this list) let me know what you are interested in, I can let you know what we currently have available. I can be reached via email at:

RPiesciuk@irm.org

Thanks,

Ray Piesciuk

On the bus side, one has to figure that the last time a mylar roll sign was used was about 10 years ago, if any survived on the last 7100 or old Flyer (9800 or 1600 series). ebay shows a couple, but if the date legend on one means anything, it went out of service in 1974 (and certainly by 1976).

On the other hand, there might be a chance that CTA will sell the current L roll signs, as 2400s or 2600s and with roll signs are being replaced by 5000s, which use digital signs.

Guest ctafan630

On the bus side, one has to figure that the last time a mylar roll sign was used was about 10 years ago, if any survived on the last 7100 or old Flyer (9800 or 1600 series). ebay shows a couple, but if the date legend on one means anything, it went out of service in 1974 (and certainly by 1976).

On the other hand, there might be a chance that CTA will sell the current L roll signs, as 2400s or 2600s and with roll signs are being replaced by 5000s, which use digital signs.

IRM has some of the older L car roll signs for sale.