Bus Types On 119 Michigan/119th

cta6085

As far as 103rd Garage is concerned, they were purchased for the express routes (14 and 26). Does 119 have that kind of passenger load? For a local run, does it have a load similar to 3, 4, or 79? It appears that an articulated is only justified for about 70 passengers or more, including standees.

P.S.: It looks like some in the 7670-7680 range have been transferred from 77th to Kedzie.

I can't see the passenger demand for NABI's on the #119. Remember this one of the routes that was going to be cut in the doomsday scenerio plan.

If any route in the area would get NABI's, it might be the #34, as this seems to be a big feeder route to the 95/Dan Ryan stop.

What's weird is that I've been seeing nearly empty NABI's operating on the #52 Kedzie route during the weekends. What's up this? These buses belong on the 22, 36, 151, and other high ridership routes. I mean, the 52 isn't one of the lowest, but still.

What's weird is that I've been seeing nearly empty NABI's operating on the #52 Kedzie route during the weekends.
Might be that Kedzie Garage has a disproportionate number of 5300s, and they don't want to kill them before the replacements come. Maybe in a couple of months, it will be different.

• 2 weeks later...

In response to the previous post, it's more so lack of proper planning than the number of 5300s. Kedzie runs numerous 5300s on the 12 Roosevelt but no NABIs even though the 12 has a high weekday ridership especially during the rush hours.