Blue line question

2200fan

I was watching the time lapse videos of the blue line and noticed something.  It's where the tunnel is at around Lotus st on the Eisenhower going from the median to the side. Going eastbound there are 3 portals, going westbound only 2. Can anyone explain this? If this has been addressed in a previous post, please accept my apology and point me in that direction.

Thanks!

westblue.jpg

eastblue.jpg

I was watching the time lapse videos of the blue line and noticed something.  It's where the tunnel is at around Lotus st on the Eisenhower going from the median to the side. Going eastbound there are 3 portals, going westbound only 2. Can anyone explain this? If this has been addressed in a previous post, please accept my apology and point me in that direction.

Thanks!

There actually are three portals on both sides, but you can't see the third westbound portal because it's set back from the other two portals. In other words the other two portals are blocking the view. 

I've added a link here that should show an aerial view of the site. Hope it works! :)

• 5 years later...