Where are they now

trainman8119

I can tell you that the 5600 Flxibles (old Archer) are all over the place. I have seen 5600 series on the following in the past week :

29 State (can't remember the exact number 5660 range)..77th garage

157 Streeterville (5699)...Kedzie Garage

60 Blue Island 26th (5696)...Kedzie Garage

66 Chicago (5645)...Chicago Garage

94 South California (5720)....Archer Garage

95E 93rd-95th (5677)....103rd Garage

Also the number of RTS buses at Kedzie has increased. I have seen low series 4600's and a wide mix of 4700's (more than were there in the past) running on Kedzie routes (60, 157, 124 primarily) downtown.

but that doesn't make sense overall that you're moving more RTS to Kedzie when you (perhaps) know that the 1000's are coming...or are they?

I would think that with the amount of really beat up 5500's there, that they need anything better they can get. RTS's are in somewhat better shape than the 5500's, so even if they get New Flyers, by bringing in RTS's, more 5500's can go bye-bye.

Slightly off topic, but the 5500's really took a beating when they were at Forest Glen. They never moved well there to start with, plus they are the buses that seemed to have the most window etchings, took a lot of body beating, and I believe, may have been the 1st buses to get on board cameras (to catch the etchers). Next to some of the 5300's that are now at 77th, they are by far the buses in the worst shape head to toe in the system !!!!!

Let's see a 5600 at North Park :-p haha.

I don't think it is a stupid dream, but I think you are much better off with the 5800 New Flyers (many rehabbed) and RTS buses. They are just better buses then the Flxibles (at this point in time). Ask for Novas before Flxibles.