900-series DE40LF - Updates & Retirements

andrethebusman

4 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

I’m know I’m 2-7 years late. It’ll been better if it was never sold there in the first place otherwise it would have looked like what 905 looks like now, but however the 900s were all retired in that time the date it was sold. But still they could either have bought another bus to butcher in half that could have been non-CTA or just not bought a bus at all. Take a car or something lol. If you could compare 2753 now known as “555” at madhouse team store it show that the 2600 was also sliced. Back to the 907, I’ve never seen such a nursing home acquire a bus just to use it as a training purpose to teach the elderly on how to board or get off buses. If I ever visit I will definitely do lots of looking around and get a few pictures 

I'm guessing that Warren Barr uses it to show the patients it's rehabbing how to get on & off the bus & lift up the fold up seats.  Does the ramp still work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 7:33 AM, strictures said:

I'm guessing that Warren Barr uses it to show the patients it's rehabbing how to get on & off the bus & lift up the fold up seats.  Does the ramp still work?

Hopefully it does, it appears they have cut the bus in half which I doubted at first. My crazy assumption is that I assumed they have magically made the bus look like it only goes to the length of the wall while the rest was still intact (not in sight). It’s stupid that they were only able to save the front end from scrap.

1 hour ago, Bus1883 said:

Hopefully it does, it appears they have cut the bus in half which I doubted at first. My crazy assumption is that I assumed they have magically made the bus look like it only goes to the length of the wall while the rest was still intact (not in sight). It’s stupid that they were only able to save the front end from scrap.

I really doubt that Warren Barr wanted all of a 40 foot bus, they just needed the front of it for rehabilitation services.

• garmon757 changed the title to 900-series DE40LF - Updates & Retirements