Downtown Shuttles

trainman8119

I am wondering about how and/or why the downtown shuttle routes have pretty much become a Kedzie route (the 120,121,122,123 routes). I see plenty of 103rd buses in the afternoons, usually RTS buses of the 4600 series, but in the morning and early afternoon, it seems as though most of the buses on those routes are coming from Kedzie, usually with Flxibles.

At one time, you would see some North Parks, some Kedzie's, some Archer's and also 103rd's. Now, the North Parks and Archer's are not running those routes. Anybody know of a reason ??? Just curious.

In 2002, those out of Ogilvie (Northwestern) Station were consolidated out of Kedzie, and Union Station out of 103rd. Again, see Bill V.'s history page. 125 at that time was assigned to North Park, and apparently is interlined with some of the express runs from there (145/148?). Personally, I don't know why.

I do remember the shuttle runs being more mixed. For instance, I remember during the Wacker reconstruction, some of the 123s being 74 buses (6300s).

In the olde days, they were mostly Kedzie and Limits, which were closer. There must be a lot of deadheading on the 103rd routes, which don't seem to be interlined with 14 or X28.