New transitchicago.com website

Busjack

15 minutes ago, Busjack said:

CTA just changed its website, which it says is more mobile friendly, but other than the big Quick Trip planner looks pasty to me, and a whole lot of topics are on one pull down.

Yeah I noticed the change today. And a thing I noticed for the individual route pages when you click them on the schedule pull down is that for some of them, CTA has pictures of buses you most likely find on the route at a given time with that bus displaying the route in its headsign. For example, X49 has a photo of a New Flyer standard heading southbound on Western just south of the Western O'Hare branch Blue Line Station, and X9 has a photo of a northbound newer Nova rolling along Ashland just south of Grand Ave.

Other things I noticed is an option to search bus schedules by route name and rail elevator alerts being more descriptive on the respect alert links right away, telling you the actual stations affected and with you clicking that station name to get dates the alerts are in effect.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jajuan said:

And a thing I noticed for the individual route pages when you click them on the schedule pull down is that for some of them, CTA has pictures of buses you most likely find on the route at a given time with that bus displaying the route in its headsign.

Most, but not all. I'm surprised CTA put that much effort into it.

L schedule pages have pictures of trains and stations, although the Pink Line one has a mural at the station rather than a train.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Most, but not all. I'm surprised CTA put that much effort into it.

L schedule pages have pictures of trains and stations, although the Pink Line one has a mural at the station rather than a train.

Yeah. I was surprised CTA had put that much effort into it too. Even with the streamlining in the bus routes, they still have 130-some routes to do this for if they are planning to put the effort toward all bus routes.

• Upvote 1

In a similar vein, the procurement page has a picture of 5000s being delivered (according to the header on the page), although these days it is hard to tell what's coming and what's going (embedded from there).

wideheader_5000sbeingdelivered_procureme

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 11/30/2022 at 4:04 PM, Tcmetro said:

I downloaded the documents and it's for 22 2400s and 78 2600s. 

Maybe "New on the transitchicago.com website":

I noted that the Contract Opportunities are on the Bonfire Portal, for which vendors need to register to download. I also noted that the particular solicitation page shows who downloaded the documents:

image.thumb.png.acc9e439620766aa6e7f4afefaf0d444.png

So, I suppose that unless the person or entity is N/A, it is revealed who has the documents or where they work. At least it is known what bidders are interested.

BTW, I said a while ago that CTA was going to implement a more secure download page, as opposed to one that accepted dummy information, and it finally did.