L Slow Zones

Manny018

I frequently ride the brown line and I’ve been noticing a lot of slow zones lately. Merchandise mart to Chicago and Franklin, Fullerton to Diversey, going southbound between Addison and Paulina making that turn over the metra tracks. Going southbound from Addison to Paulina, the train almost comes to an immediate stop. What usually causes slow zones on L tracks? Also there is a slow zone that’s been around since the beginning of time, it takes forever for the red line to get between Wilson and Sheridan, it’s a slow zone all the way from Wilson station to Sheridan station at all times of day and night. The train always only goes 5-10 mph. After years of track work done in that area I’m surprised to still see a slow zone between Wilson and Sheridan even the purple line express it’s a slow zone. 

2 hours ago, Manny018 said:

I frequently ride the brown line and I’ve been noticing a lot of slow zones lately. Merchandise mart to Chicago and Franklin, Fullerton to Diversey, going southbound between Addison and Paulina making that turn over the metra tracks. Going southbound from Addison to Paulina, the train almost comes to an immediate stop. What usually causes slow zones on L tracks? Also there is a slow zone that’s been around since the beginning of time, it takes forever for the red line to get between Wilson and Sheridan, it’s a slow zone all the way from Wilson station to Sheridan station at all times of day and night. The train always only goes 5-10 mph. After years of track work done in that area I’m surprised to still see a slow zone between Wilson and Sheridan even the purple line express it’s a slow zone. 

That Chicago to Merchandise Mart one has been around since I can remember, and I'm 20. The turn over the metra tracks was new, I was over there all the time during winter and I didn't notice it. As for the Red/Purple lines, I though the curve necessitated going so slow. Pretty sure that's the sharpest turn in the system outside of the loop. Happy to be wrong