North Shore and Roaring Elgin operation

sht6131

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

I know Rapid Transit and CTA operated the North Shore south of Howard at one time. Did they ever operate the Elgin east of Desplaines?

The Chicago, Aurora & Elgin went east along the Garfield L to the Fifth Avenue [now Wells St] Terminal at Quincy St. When they built the Congress Expressway, they left room for four tracks in the median, so the Roarin Elgin AKA The Great Third Rail, would continue, but it went bust before that.

10 minutes ago, strictures said:

The Chicago, Aurora & Elgin went east along the Garfield L to the Fifth Avenue [now Wells St] Terminal at Quincy St. When they built the Congress Expressway, they left room for four tracks in the median, so the Roarin Elgin AKA The Great Third Rail, would continue, but it went bust before that.

With all due respect I am aware of that and thanks for your response. The question I asked was, did Rapid Transit motormen ever operate the trains East of Desplaines similiar to them operating the North Shore south of Howard being it was Rapid Transit property.