The south orions

pace2322

Heres a photo of one of the three orions we have left. This bus is so much better then any nabi we have. Most of our drivers hate them. But to me there the best buses we have. Look at 2325 it has 600,000 miles on it and it will take any of our nabis off the line and win. I think when orion made them there took there time u can just tell the way there are made. It may not look at it best now and days but hey this old girl is now 14 years old. But it runs just as good as it was new back in 93. I just wish we had all of them back like we used to.

post-24-1173999479_thumb.jpg

To be fair, that bus has a lot of mileage on it and has been all over the system, including in Waukegan, then, if like most of them, various stints at South and with contractors (I don't know about the particular bus). If you compare the Pace buses with the CTAs of similar vintage (the 5300s and 4400s), they are in much better shape. But what would be the mileage on say, a 4400?

Thats right when we got the 2300s back in 93 we had 2292 to 2327. Then in 85/96 Nothewest took 2325 to 2327, Then in about 1998 2325 came back to us. As of now we just have 2309, 2323 and 2325 what in kind of like my baby since i get that one most of the time.Btw yea its beat up but see how a car is after 14 years of road salt on it. I dont care how bad shes look or any orion 1 there are one of the best buses we have on the road. Also 2309 has about 615,000 miles on it.