Gmc Fishbowl # 1434

I have a cool photograph of my dad dated Dec. 1973, a close up of the front end of CTA GMC #1434. My dad is posing with one foot on the bumper of the bus and the monster GMC with its headlights ablaze looking really pissed off! :), a real tough looking photograph!! The bus looks as though its ready to do battle against Chicago traffic.

I have a cool photograph of my dad dated Dec. 1973, a close up of the front end of CTA GMC #1434. My dad is posing with one foot on the bumper of the bus and the monster GMC with its headlights ablaze looking really pissed off! :), a real tough looking photograph!! The bus looks as though its ready to do battle against Chicago traffic.

Are you going to post the photo or did I miss it?

Are you going to post the photo or did I miss it?

Im going to try to get it on the site so that everyone can see it. Its my favorite photograph I have of my dad working at CTA. I also have another photo taken around the same time I forgot to mention where hes sitting in the seat aboard CTA Flxible #3726. This pic has the entire front end at night, sign is marked (74 Fullerton/Central) . Theres also another photo of him standing with the rear driver side of an old 8500 Flxible. He worked at North ave. I dont recall that North ave had the 8500s so it kind of odd but it is an 8500 series. He started in Sep. 1972, when he was alive he recalled that they still had the 9500 M/H Trolley coaches, and the 1000 GMCs had just been placed in service. Some of the Flx old looks were also at North ave.

Im going to try to get it on the site so that everyone can see it. Its my favorite photograph I have of my dad working at CTA. I also have another photo taken around the same time I forgot to mention where hes sitting in the seat aboard CTA Flxible #3726. This pic has the entire front end at night, sign is marked (74 Fullerton/Central) . Theres also another photo of him standing with the rear driver side of an old 8500 Flxible. He worked at North ave. I dont recall that North ave had the 8500s so it kind of odd but it is an 8500 series. He started in Sep. 1972, when he was alive he recalled that they still had the 9500 M/H Trolley coaches, and the 1000 GMCs had just been placed in service. Some of the Flx old looks were also at North ave.

Great! I'm looking forward to seeing both pics.

Theres also another photo of him standing with the rear driver side of an old 8500 Flxible. He worked at North ave. I dont recall that North ave had the 8500s so it kind of odd but it is an 8500 series.

When the CTA closed the Keeler garage, the 8500's that were there were moved to North Ave. This coincided with the arrival of the 1300 series Fishbowls and the retirement of trolley buses. (At that time, Diversey was moved to the North Ave garage, and Addison to North Park (with help from Forest Glen). Later, 152 went to Forest Glen with help from North Park.) Anyway, that is when the 8500's wound up at North...around 1974, until they were retired.