Wrigley Field?

Guest bohica

I am reading the paper and the worry is Wrigley Field. I am appauld that this is more important than the crisis at the CTA. How do the fans get to Wrigley Field? Well if you have been on an "L" platform or the street the day of the game I see the CTA bringing the fans to the game. So lets focus on getting funding or there will be no need to worry about Wrigley being the turn out will be down with the cuts in service and employees. I laugh when they mention the Olympics, the committee should write off the City Of Chicago if they can't even have a properly run mass transit system thanks to politicians. I say they have a cage match and call it the"Battle of the Politicians". I think this could bring alot of money to fund mass transit then the foucus can be on Wrigley Field.

I am reading the paper and the worry is Wrigley Field. I am appauld that this is more important than the crisis at the CTA. How do the fans get to Wrigley Field? Well if you have been on an "L" platform or the street the day of the game I see the CTA bringing the fans to the game. So lets focus on getting funding or there will be no need to worry about Wrigley being the turn out will be down with the cuts in service and employees. I laugh when they mention the Olympics, the committee should write off the City Of Chicago if they can't even have a properly run mass transit system thanks to politicians. I say they have a cage match and call it the"Battle of the Politicians". I think this could bring alot of money to fund mass transit then the foucus can be on Wrigley Field.

This is to give the voters an idea of how the Governor and other politicians in Springfield are stonewalling. This is what happens when the wrong people are elected to run state government. Thank god I didnt vote for Blago! He seems to think that attending a hockey game is more important than taking care of a transit crisis.

I say they have a cage match and call it the"Battle of the Politicians". I think this could bring alot of money to fund mass transit then the foucus can be on Wrigley Field.

I wasn't sure what this was about. The 154 bus? Then I sort of figured it was a combined rant about the proposal to sell Wrigley Field to the Illinois Sports Authority and the Republican response that if you can't take care of transit, how is the legislature going to run the Cubs?

Anyway, there is precedent for this, but on the South Side. In the 1970s, the days before Vince McMahon turned wrestling into a spectacle for kids with ADD who have $50 a month to blow on pay per view, and way before the roids era, Bob Luce would promote a once a year spectacular at Comiskey Park. The main event would be a cage match where the 4 wrestlers plus manager Bobby Heenan would be locked in and a team could win only by pinfall or submission (no winning by escaping as Vinnie Mac allows). The highlight of the first one was that the referee, a former boxer, knocked out Heenan, who vomited. Bob Luce ran that highlight on his show on Channel 44 for several years, and Bob Greene even wrote a column about it when he was with the Sun-Times, saying that All Star Wrestling and the Roller Games (a more violent form of the Roller Derby) were the only real American sports.

Although the second version of this event was not as spectacular as the first, it may be time, 35 years later, to bring it back, with the same rules, but, as suggested, with Illinois politicians in the cage. As indicated, if you don't lock the gate, they will escape.

Another idea I had in a similar light was inspired by Mayor Daley's blubbering that the people were entitled to a solution by the holidays (which they won't get) and seeing on Pace buses a headsign "Happy Holidays from Pace" with a icon of a steaming turkey. If steaming turkeys don't symbolize Illinois politicians, I don't know what does (except a pig with a hand in your wallet).

Also, my, and on behalf of bohica, his apologies to buslover for again bringing a wrestling reference to this forum.