Doomsday and LSD express routes ridership

exitzero

Erm...

Let's ask the CTA what they think about it:

http://www.transitchicago.com/

Don't see any press releases stating that Doomsday's not coming. All I see are warnings that the city is going to lose half of its bus service in a little over 8 days.

The clock's still running, folks. And it will continue to run until a funding bill is passed. This bill isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread but it is a step in the right direction.

Regardless, though, it's worthless if it isn't passed. And the CTA isn't taking any chances. So Doomsday is very much NOT called off.

There has been no official announcement from the CTA, but the deal has been approved. Free rides for all senior citizens coming soon....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that Doomsday WILL happen?

I don't think he's saying he knows it WILL happen, I think it's that you seem to be so sure doomsday won't happen. It's not that he's saying it WILL happen, he's just wondering why you seem so sure of yourself. I do agree that it's likely doomsday won't happen (and now I'm almost 100% it won't) but in reality, anything is possible. There is (or was) absolutely no way to be sure what will happen, so don't say you know for sure.

I don't think he's saying he knows it WILL happen, I think it's that you seem to be so sure doomsday won't happen. It's not that he's saying it WILL happen, he's just wondering why you seem so sure of yourself. I do agree that it's likely doomsday won't happen (and now I'm almost 100% it won't) but in reality, anything is possible. There is (or was) absolutely no way to be sure what will happen, so don't say you know for sure.

Thank you for agreeing with me. I all ready mentioned that a Doomsday wouldn't even be able to hold up for a day, so yes, I was sure of my self that the mass transit in Chicago won't crumble to pieces (over 50% of the routes eliminated!- not reality).

First, congrats to the state for FINALLY passing something! Second, to BusExpert32, don't say that there will ALWAYS be a solution. Who knows, if there should be another Doomsday, there might not be money. Also, do you really think the CTA will care what routes they cut in some Doomsdays? I don't. That's why they were considering cutting #76 -- they figure people can ride #77 or #74.