Metra Electric Line University Park to McCormick

Fuzzbear

I do not have that much experience with the IC, as most of the time I have taken the Rock Island into the city.

Does anyone know if Metra alters their schedule for the IC when the Auto Show is in town? I see McCormick place listed as a stop, but it doesn't seem to be a stop from the main branch...only 2 or 3 times a day.

RTA shows having to take the IC to Roosevelt and then taking it back in the other direction to McCormick.

any help would be appreciated!

I do not have that much experience with the IC, as most of the time I have taken the Rock Island into the city.

Does anyone know if Metra alters their schedule for the IC when the Auto Show is in town? I see McCormick place listed as a stop, but it doesn't seem to be a stop from the main branch...only 2 or 3 times a day.

RTA shows having to take the IC to Roosevelt and then taking it back in the other direction to McCormick.

If there is special service, it would be indicated on metrarail.com. I know that the South Shore announces that it has extra service, but don't know about Metra.

Otherwise, the IC zone system assumes transferring from a 100 series train to a 300. It appears that the transfer point is now 57th. See schedule.

Generally if there is a big event, some main line (100) and Blue Island (200) trains will make the additional stop. Usually this is done outbound in the morning and mid day and inbound in the late afternoon. I will take a look at the last bulletin posted (if I can find one laying around) to get the exact train numbers, or will post the info when the new bulletin is posted for the auto show.

Generally if there is a big event, some main line (100) and Blue Island (200) trains will make the additional stop. Usually this is done outbound in the morning and mid day and inbound in the late afternoon. I will take a look at the last bulletin posted (if I can find one laying around) to get the exact train numbers, or will post the info when the new bulletin is posted for the auto show.

Ok thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here is the list, as promised

Northbound and southbound University Park trains will make flag stops at Mc Cormick Place between 9:00 am and 3:30 pm (which means for all practical purposes they will stop) on show days. The following trains will also make flag stops...train 140 northbound weekday at 7:32 pm. On Saturdays, the following southbound trains will make flag stops...133 at 4:45 pm, 135 at 5:15 pm, 235 at 5:28pm, 137 at 5:45 pm 239 at 5:58 pm, 139 at 6:15 pm and 241 at 6:48 pm. Note that 200 series trains are Blue Island trains and branch off to the southwest after 115th street. After 8:20pm, this is a regular stop for University Park trains.

There are also a number of South Shore trains that will be making flag stops during the week, but southbound I would imagine would be pick ups only and northbound would be drop offs only.

Okay, here is the list, as promised

Northbound and southbound University Park trains will make flag stops at Mc Cormick Place between 9:00 am and 3:30 pm (which means for all practical purposes they will stop) on show days. The following trains will also make flag stops...train 140 northbound weekday at 7:32 pm. On Saturdays, the following southbound trains will make flag stops...133 at 4:45 pm, 135 at 5:15 pm, 235 at 5:28pm, 137 at 5:45 pm 239 at 5:58 pm, 139 at 6:15 pm and 241 at 6:48 pm. Note that 200 series trains are Blue Island trains and branch off to the southwest after 115th street. After 8:20pm, this is a regular stop for University Park trains.

There are also a number of South Shore trains that will be making flag stops during the week, but southbound I would imagine would be pick ups only and northbound would be drop offs only.

Excuse my ignorance here but just to clarify. the all trains making flag stops statement..is that only refer to the trains running during the week? We are planning on going the last weekend of the show, most likely saturday, that means we can take any northbound train to McCormik? but for southbound the last one we can take would be 6:15pm unless we wait till after 8:20pm

Excuse my ignorance here but just to clarify. the all trains making flag stops statement..is that only refer to the trains running during the week? We are planning on going the last weekend of the show, most likely saturday, that means we can take any northbound train to McCormik? but for southbound the last one we can take would be 6:15pm unless we wait till after 8:20pm

The bulletin states "on show days", which would mean all days, weekday and weekend between the hours listed. Since there is no rush hour (pe se) on Saturdays, the southbound trains listed were added. There were no other northbound Saturday afternoon trains added to the list. On Sundays, all trains will stop there anyway. You can always take a South Chicago (300 series) train to the 55/56/57th Street station and transfer to a University Park train. Usually by the time you get to Hyde Park, the UP train is on the heels of the South Chicago train and the wait is minimal. If you were to get out at 7:00pm, you would have train 343 around 7:22pm or so which would have you at 55/56/57 ahead of train 143 to University Park with a wait of about 1 minute.