How many CTA spokeswomen is enough?

Busjack

In the Red Eye article today, Dirty Details: How the CTA keeps it clean, the author mentioned CTA spokeswomen Anne McCarthy and Robyn Ziegler. We've also heard of Noelle (No-L) Gaffney and Sheila Gregory, and other names have appeared. Is this an area of unnecessary administrative costs and overstaffing, which is futile to overcome the unfavorable image Kruesi projected throughout the "budget crisis?"

I read the article too...I thought it was good.

As for the spokespeople, there may be one or two who are really the media moguls, and then probably someone who happened to pick up the phone. There is probably a great deal of overstaffing, no doubt. I mean it is Chicago for pete' sake...patronage will always live on.

I still think the almighty Frank must go for more reasons than overstaffing. But that is a subject for another day.

My point is illustrated by today's Sun Times article CTA resists audit of its finances, state says, and to a lesser extent, the corresponding Tribune article, CTA delays start of audit by Illinois. Even if Chairwoman Browne has the point that CTA can't make an open-ended pledge, no number of PR flacks can mask the point that basically no one trusts the CTA, and if it wants more funds, they will have to cooperate with the Legislature.