6000's at South ?

trainman8119

While docked at Blue Island this afternoon (4:00 pm), I spotted an Orion VI headed north on York Street on the bridge just south of St Francis Hospital. No way possible to get an actual number. I would imagine that to be the 349. Has South Division found some 6000's down their way, has the 349 found its way to Southwest or was this just an errant bus wandering around the south suburbs.

While docked at Blue Island this afternoon (4:00 pm), I spotted an Orion VI headed north on York Street on the bridge just south of St Francis Hospital. No way possible to get an actual number. I would imagine that to be the 349. Has South Division found some 6000's down their way, has the 349 found its way to Southwest or was this just an errant bus wandering around the south suburbs.

This will be interesting to see what happens. I do hope that some Orion low floors from NW are shipped out. I for one dont want them ending up at Academy.

It could've been #385 Coming from Rivercrest/ Robbins. That bus could've from Southwest. If that bus is 349 from South Division, it would be interesting for a different type of bus to see.

It could've been #385 Coming from Rivercrest/ Robbins. That bus could've from Southwest. If that bus is 349 from South Division, it would be interesting for a different type of bus to see.

Have the last two Orions I buses south been retired yet?

385 would make sense. I didn't realize the 385 went into Blue Island. It just totally caught me off guard, since I have never seen a VI in that area. Also I will correct myself that the street was Vermont, not York (was trying to do that from memory late last night).

I am sure Pace2322 will back me up, but there are still some there. I saw a 2300 on Halsted Street (or was it Michigan, I can't remember) earlier this week.

If You seen 2300 on Michigan in Downtown, It probably was working #355 Lansing Express. But I never seen #2300 operate out of South, I sworn that South still has two of Orion 1s which is #2325 and #2309.

I'll check on it next week when I get a chance going south.

If You seen 2300 on Michigan in Downtown, It probably was working #355 Lansing Express. But I never seen #2300 operate out of South, I sworn that South still has two of Orion 1s which is #2325 and #2309.

He said he saw a 2300--not 2300.

Pace2322 has stated before that South has only two Orion I buses left Nos. 2309 and 2325.

I think it was 2309 and it was either on 121st and Halsted (West Pullman) or Michigan and 120th (State Street). The more I think about it it was on Michigan headed northbound.