Blue Line Kennedy reconstruction

2200fan

• 7 months later...

I cant believe it but CTA took out the double crossover interlocking just west of JPK Station. I always enjoyed seeing the trains from the Milwaukee ave bridge, going through the tunnel and passing that interlocking. I just noticed it today while walking to JPK. Now its just two straightaway tracks.

I cant believe it but CTA took out the double crossover interlocking just west of JPK Station. I always enjoyed seeing the trains from the Milwaukee ave bridge, going through the tunnel and passing that interlocking. I just noticed it today while walking to JPK. Now its just two straightaway tracks.
Wouldn't that make it hard to make Jefferson Park a short turn destination?

Of course, the 3 track yard past Jefferson Park is no longer necessary.

Are there not double crossovers east of the platform under Ainsle Street ?? That would suffice

should the need arise to double track or turn around at Jeff Park. Once all the track work is done,

you can bet that the Jeff Park yard will be a total memory.

Are there not double crossovers east of the platform under Ainsle Street ?? That would suffice

should the need arise to double track or turn around at Jeff Park. Once all the track work is done,

you can bet that the Jeff Park yard will be a total memory.

Yes, the double X-over just east of JPK is still there, but I always enjoyed seeing the trains passing the one under the JPK Metra station. The three track are on the Central ave over pass is still there so there is still the interlocking there.