CTA's New Flyers in 2006

Van2001ko

Hello you guys I was looking at the new flyer manufactor list and I found that they are currently building a pilot with a fleet number of #1000

28549 2005 D40LF Chicago (IL) 1000

Here is the link to the rest of the listings.

http://community-2.webtv.net/ajkristopans/...LYER/page2.html

And as far as there powertain dont know but the transmsision will be a ZF ECOMAT II 6HP-592 6 speed as per a news article i read.

That's interesting. I was pretty sure they would've given the pilot bus # 8000 and go up from there until they eventually reach 9999, then recycle to the lower numbers again. I guess that brings new meaning to CTA: Can't Tell Anything(until it is posted by the CTA or the vehicle manufacturers).

Hardly an official source. Of course, if we believed everything we read in official and factory sources, and the inferences made from them, the 25 Compobuses would be on X49, the 2006 CTA order would be NABIs, 43 30 foot buses (of the 6800 series?) would be on Pace routes, and the first blue buses were in the West division (among other internet conjectures).

Then, again, his IKARUS page has the following entry:

4A140296-320 45C.04 2004 Chicago Transit Auth 7800-7824
See the following threads regarding this:

[*]NABI Ceases Compobus Production

[*]Do you like the new NABI 45C-LFW (78XX series)

[*]7800

[*]The Compobus

892 buses, for which he gives body numbers, but acknowledges that they were cancelled (these were going to be the CTA 4400s).