A-B stop signs

Kind of a random question, but what does the CTA do with the old A-B signs that I see sometimes at stations. Do they just throw these out (if so where? :P )? I'd love to get my hands on some of them <_<

You can purchase old CTA signs from two places:

• The City of Chicago store, located in the Pumping Station across street from the Water Tower at Michigan and Pearson (entrance on Pearson - street view imagery).
  • IRM.

I've purchased a variety of signs from both sources. Mounted on the wall in my apartment is a Damen-Blue AB (KDR) symbol signage in perfect condition, purchased from the City of Chicago Store. From IRM, I also have a Current Graphic Standard State-Lake symbol sign.

You can purchase old CTA signs from two places:
  • The City of Chicago store, located in the Pumping Station across street from the Water Tower at Michigan and Pearson (entrance on Pearson - street view imagery).
  • IRM.

I've purchased a variety of signs from both sources. Mounted on the wall in my apartment is a Damen-Blue AB (KDR) symbol signage in perfect condition, purchased from the City of Chicago Store. From IRM, I also have a Current Graphic Standard State-Lake symbol sign.

Ohh great! I'll definitely have to check those out, because I really don't want to go through Ebay or something.

I happened to stop by the City of Chicago Store today. They've got a great variety of signs available. The station signs are around $35. Some are in better shape than others. Photos attached.

Nice. I see you you spotted an old 60 sign from when it still operated down Jackson and Adams instead of Washington and Madison as is the current regular routing.