Best way to get from Unon Station to McCormick Place

BT5150

Hello,

I am coming to Chicago for the restaurant show (makes a great excuse to see my favorite city!) I'll be coming in on Amtrak, arriving at Union Station. I am wondering what the best route is to take to get from Union Station to McCormick Place? It looks like I can take the #1 and get close to Mc Cormick place, or I can walk a ways from Unon Station and get a route that will take me directly to McCormick. Anyone know what the best way to go is? I'd prefer to take a train to a bus, it's more fun! Thanks for your help!

This may not be the best of ways, but I've tried my best to include a train ride! Enjoy your visit here!

1. Take 1 Indiana/Hyde Park, 7 Harrison, 126 Jackson, or 151 Sheridan bus eastbound to State Street.*

2. Take the Red Line subway southbound (95th/Dan Ryan) to Cermak-Chinatown.

3. Exit, cross the street to the south end of Cermak, and take the 21 Cermak eastbound, dead to McCormick Place.

I'm sure someone else out there has a better way than this, but this is one I just thought up right now. Just remember to keep this in mind: Chicago is My Kind of Town!

*NOTE: Bus routes 1 and 7 do not operate on weekends/holidays.

If there is a special event there will usually be shuttles to get you there and back to the stations. I would actually walk to the Metra Electric, which is maybe a mile walk. Or else you can take the bus. But on the Metra Electric there is a stop at McCormick.

1. The only special event that has a CTA bus is the Auto Show.

2. Only thing that stops directly at McCormick Place from downtown is the #3 King Dr. bus. Would have to take anything eastbound from Canal-Jackson to Michigan and transfer there. Otherwise you would have to do as nflyer suggests, but that involves an additional transfer.

The other things is that while in Union Station, use the CTA farecard vending machine. Transfers aren't sold on the bus.

1. The only special event that has a CTA bus is the Auto Show.

2. Only thing that stops directly at McCormick Place from downtown is the #3 King Dr. bus. Would have to take anything eastbound from Canal-Jackson to Michigan and transfer there. Otherwise you would have to do as nflyer suggests, but that involves an additional transfer.

The other things is that while in Union Station, use the CTA farecard vending machine. Transfers aren't sold on the bus.

According to the Mccormick website, the #4 Cottage Grove provides service as well as Metra:

http://www.mccormickplace.com/visitors/transp.html