Suspension of part of the Blue Line for Three Weeks in July

jajuan

Well, you don't have to worry because the Customer Alerts section of CTA's website does have the appropriate notice:

Note that the original end date was July 28th. The notice below shows the earlier end date of Thursday July 24th. This notice was posted on the 22nd.

Blue Line Customer Alerts

Blue Line Slow Zone Elimination Project

Substitute Service between O’Hare and Rosemont

3 a.m., Tue., July 8 to 3 a.m., Thur., July 24, 2008

Bus shuttle service will replace rail service between the O’Hare Bus/Shuttle Center (located directly above the O’Hare CTA station) and Rosemont station.

Temporary closure of the Blue Line tracks from O’Hare to Rosemont will allow CTA to complete track improvements quickly and efficiently, providing a faster ride sooner! Blue Line slow zone work will be completed in Fall 2008.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Blue Line Southbound Reroute at Irving Park

8 p.m. until 4 a.m. the next morning, Tuesday, July 22 and Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Due to tie replacement work to eliminate slow zones, southbound Blue Line (O’Hare branch) trains will operate on the northbound track at the Irving Park station. Please board all trains on the northbound side of the platform.

Please allow extra travel time.

I saw it. It may be dated the 22nd but it wasn't updated to show the 24th until today. I double checked more than once this morning after I first heard the news announcement, and the alert still had July 8-28. Even the link from the main page still read July 8-28. Its moot now anyway since normal service begins in less than four hours.

I saw it. It may be dated the 22nd but it wasn't updated to show the 24th until today. I double checked more than once this morning after I first heard the news announcement, and the alert still had July 8-28. Even the link from the main page still read July 8-28. Its moot now anyway since normal service begins in less than four hours.

Now I'm hoping the rail operators will announce that this train will go all the way to O'Hare to alleviate people for getting off at River Road/Rosemont by accident. Even if the trains does say O'Hare on the trains, people will still get confused.