Gray Gillig Phantoms Seen In The Loop

:) Hi All;

Recently I've seen two Gillig Phantoms (which looked a few years old) on Dearborn downtown.

Both buses looked to be 40footers and one of them seemed to have some wooden framing around the top.

I didn't get a good look at the company name on the bus. :(

Anyone have any info?

Gene King

:) Hi All;

Recently I've seen two Gillig Phantoms (which looked a few years old) on Dearborn downtown.

Both buses looked to be 40footers and one of them seemed to have some wooden framing around the top.

I didn't get a good look at the company name on the bus. :(

Anyone have any info?

Gene King

Are you talking about London Limo? I saw a grey bus that had wood framing around the top on State St. The bus I saw was a high floor and the front door entrance had a wooden partition put in between the driver and passenger areas. So the front door was employee only. Everyone enters and exits through the rear door. It seemed to me like the bus was a sightseeing bus similar to those London style red double deckers you see motoring around.

Are you talking about London Limo? I saw a grey bus that had wood framing around the top on State St. The bus I saw was a high floor and the front door entrance had a wooden partition put in between the driver and passenger areas. So the front door was employee only. Everyone enters and exits through the rear door. It seemed to me like the bus was a sightseeing bus similar to those London style red double deckers you see motoring around.

I think that might be it. I saw both buses from the driver's side so I didn't know about the partition.

Thanks much!