New CTA Gift Express?

greenstreet

I was doing some Google-ing this morning and found a site for a new CTA gift program - CTAgifts.com.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it a placeholder for a new site or has it been there for a while? (Maybe I just missed earlier conversations about it)

It shows a couple of products. One is a t-shirt featuring station signage and the other is a tote bag with a retro logo.

If this is really a new program I would think they would be promoting it. Does anyone have more info?

There was always the CTA Store/Gift Express link or pulldown on the main site, but I see that that now links to where you said.

They used to push CTA Map ties, but Kruesi always wearing them sort of put a tranish on their cachet.

Be cool if they have bus models similar to the Road Champs Flxible or something B) I wish someone could do another run of model buses like the Road Champs, make them the same size just do the next big bus model in each fleet with the latest livery. A NF D40LF for Chicago, a Gillig BRT for Metro Transit, a Orion VII for MTA, a newer MCI for Greyhound, etc.

Oh boy, I can't wait to see their selection. I hope they have old signs and posters used on the system.
Be cool if they have bus models similar to the Road Champs Flxible or something B) I wish someone could do another run of model buses like the Road Champs, make them the same size just do the next big bus model in each fleet with the latest livery. A NF D40LF for Chicago, a Gillig BRT for Metro Transit, a Orion VII for MTA, a newer MCI for Greyhound, etc.

If history is any guide:

• It is the CTA store. CTA doesn't recognize any other transit system (except, now maybe the Beijing subway, but that's another rant).
  • The "surplus" memorabilia is at the Chicago Store, which others tell me is at the Water Tower.

As noted, if history is any guide, the main product is Frank Wear, such as the CTA map tie, "Don't be like Jack" T-Shirts, hats in L line colors, tie clips made out of old tokens, and other advertising tshtockes.

If there are any models (and I doubt that there will be), they will be of CTA vehicles.

What's on the page to which greenstreet links doesn't indicate anything any different. See also the e-mail sign up page, which refers to Apparel and Photos & Posters.

If history is any guide:
  • It is the CTA store. CTA doesn't recognize any other transit system (except, now maybe the Beijing subway, but that's another rant).
  • The "surplus" memorabilia is at the Chicago Store, which others tell me is at the Water Tower.

As noted, if history is any guide, the main product is Frank Wear, such as the CTA map tie, "Don't be like Jack" T-Shirts, hats in L line colors, tie clips made out of old tokens, and other advertising tshtockes.

If there are any models (and I doubt that there will be), they will be of CTA vehicles.

What's on the page to which greenstreet links doesn't indicate anything any different. See also the e-mail sign up page, which refers to Apparel and Photos & Posters.

I remember when CTA's gift shop a few years ago were selling the Corgi GMC #301 fishbowl and the MTH 2600 series RT train set.

• 1 month later...