Who is responsible for salting, shovling, and other snow removal tasks?

ryanbytes

At some stations everything is clean and clear while at others it's still wall to wall snow. Who's responsible for clearing out snow around the train stations?

I actually saw during one of our big storms a third party snow removal company doing it at California on the O'hare branch on the platform. Usually CTA forces do it. But this one time I saw the third party. As far as the driveways CTA has it's own snowplow that does the bus turnarounds and the bigger bus terminals at the rail stations.

I actually saw during one of our big storms a third party snow removal company doing it at California on the O'hare branch on the platform. Usually CTA forces do it. But this one time I saw the third party. As far as the driveways CTA has it's own snowplow that does the bus turnarounds and the bigger bus terminals at the rail stations.

Yes I observed this also. The one guy had a green reflective vest on that had Christy Webber Snow Removal. And I believe they do a lot of contract work for the city too.... i.e. maintaining in landscaping along Lake Shore Drive and Daleys median planters! Interesting that CTA is all of a sudden contracting out snow removal! Hey Trainman... just another thing to add to CTA's questionable spending! Funny in all the years past CTA's rail janitors were able to keep the stations clear and its not like its the first winter we had a lot of snow!