Name Chnge

Zol87

I noticed on Metra's web site that they changed the name of the Roosevelt Road station on the Electric line to Museum Campus/11th Street. Why 11th street instead of Museum Campus/Roosevelt Road? Are they going to build 2 entrances, one at 11th and one at Roosevelt?

Museum Campus Station

Probably because the old one was a dump. Also, I believe part of the idea was to provide another bridge (at 11th Street) to the campus.

Sort of similar to Randolph Street becoming Millennium Station once they fixed it.

BTW, I wonder why they keep no longer descriptive names like Bryn Mawr, which is Jeffery, not 5600 N.

I noticed on Metra's web site that they changed the name of the Roosevelt Road station on the Electric line to Museum Campus/11th Street. Why 11th street instead of Museum Campus/Roosevelt Road? Are they going to build 2 entrances, one at 11th and one at Roosevelt?

Museum Campus Station

Strangely enough, right now, the public schedule is the only thing that shows 11th Street/Museum Campus. For now, there is no Roosevelt Road (although, someday, they'll get around to finishing the rest of the platform). The geo-focus still announces 12th Street/Roosevelt Road. From what I can tell, since the new platform opened, I am the only person on the entire line who has ever referred to the station as 11th Street. I call "11th Street/Roosevelt Road/Museum Campus" (I had called 12th Street/Roosevelt Road/Museum Campus). Most people don't even know what "Museum Campus" refers to (for those who don't, it's the Planetarium, Shedd and Field Museum....along with the North end of Soldier Field).

There has been no bulletins posted instructing anyone how to announce the station (old or new).

What Amtrak train goes by that station?

The City of New Orleans would, for one. It runs south on the CN/IC tracks that

trail under Mc Cormick Place. However, the tracks get close to our tracks at

18th street, not Roosevelt. Also, there have not been any sign changes at the

station, as they still display Roosevelt Road on the platform.

• 2 weeks later...