CTA Stimulus

sw4400

Well looks like the CTA is getting some money from the Feds... http://www.cmap.illinois.gov/WorkArea/show...t.aspx?id=14472

You can view the whole document above, Adobe Reader Documents just about kill my computer... I grabbed some key clips from the Tattler concerning some CTA projects(there are more in the document)

On page 40, there is an extra $5,000,000, 9.38% over the original $53,300,000, for mid-life bus rehabilitation overhauls. The project name is "CTA - 021.806 PERFORM MID-LIFE BUS OVERHAUL".

This will probably get the NOVA's rehabbed and perhaps the NABI's(if we still keep them around).

On page 41, there is an extra $7,142,000, or 5.67% over the original $125,965,000, for similar work on rail cars. The project name is "CTA - 022.903 PERFORM RAIL CAR OVERHAUL & MID-LIFE REHABILITATION" and the work type is "ROLLING STOCK - REHABILITATE VEHICLES".

This will give the 2600's that aren't going to be retired in the near future some life-extending rehab as well as the 3200's built in 1991-1994.

I'll move this post here, since it now seems to be the better place.

We'll probably see the base order of 140 ordered in the up to 900 artics bid that NF won.
This ctatattler post may reinforce that (see also my surmise under jack).

Note, though, that this and the CMAP list only states increases in line items (and in the CMAP case, the source of funding for the line items) in the CTA request, not the specfics of how that would be spent (i.e. $55 million for 58 articulated buses, although that probably is what they would cost today).

As far as the numbers cited by sw, those are only marginal increases. Not big things on a relative basis, like Pace getting 58 buses.