Metrolink Artics

teck22

I was driving down I-90 this weekend and saw a bunch of metrolink artics. which metrolink do u suppose they were for, they were red and grey

Was it painted like this? If that is what you saw it is for WMATA AKA "Metrobus" down here in Washington DC. They are expecting 22 New Flyer DE62LFA's.

post-228-1236819276_thumb.jpg

that would be it! they have a nice little road trip. and they still had the plastic on the bumper lol

It's good to know there on the way, there replacing our worn out 1995 Ikarus (before NABI) artics like the one pictured. There also getting 37 and 42 footers of the same model. But those will be replacing our beloved Flx's :angry:

post-228-1236820139_thumb.jpg

It's good to know there on the way, there replacing our worn out 1995 Ikarus (before NABI) artics like the one pictured. There also getting 37 and 42 footers of the same model. But those will be replacing our beloved Flx's :angry:

How about replacing the junk we have with those? How decent shape are they after 14 years?

How about replacing the junk we have with those? How decent shape are they after 14 years?

Your junk as you mean the CTA Nabi artics? Well the NABI's down here are pretty worn out considering every unit at one point lived at one of the 2 city garages (Northern,Bladensburg) which is pretty rough. They have a little life left in them but if they were interested in good running used equipment WMATA's 93-9400 series 1990 Flxible's still have plenty of life in them!!

Your junk as you mean the CTA Nabi artics? Well the NABI's down here are pretty worn out considering every unit at one point lived at one of the 2 city garages (Northern,Bladensburg) which is pretty rough. They have a little life left in them but if they were interested in good running used equipment WMATA's 93-9400 series 1990 Flxible's still have plenty of life in them!!

I was alluding to the NABI's, of course. heh.

Man I love those WMATA's 1995 Ikarus Artics so much better than CTAs NABIs 7500s. I remember back in 1999, I was riding the 1995 Ikarus Artics in Miami MDTA From Downtown Miami via Miami Beach to Bal Harbour for shopping and back to Downtown Miami on their 1987 Gumman Flxs (Retired). I love their engine sound on both of them.

Man I love those WMATA's 1995 Ikarus Artics so much better than CTAs NABIs 7500s. I remember back in 1999, I was riding the 1995 Ikarus Artics in Miami MDTA From Downtown Miami via Miami Beach to Bal Harbour for shopping and back to Downtown Miami on their 1987 Gumman Flxs (Retired). I love their engine sound on both of them.

Ive ridden the Miami Flxs, most if not all of them are Cummins powered.