Hi, i'm new to Chicago Bus Forums

Since there's no section for introductions, thought i might post it here. My name is DJ Collins, and i have joined many forums about transit because... I'm a major transit fan. Since I live in Philadelphia, i'm mainly fond of SEPTA and NJT, but i try to learn about other TA's as well... I hope to learn alot about CTA from this site... and... um... sorry about your NABI's :(

• Like 1

Since there's no section for introductions, thought i might post it here. My name is DJ Collins, and i have joined many forums about transit because... I'm a major transit fan. Since I live in Philadelphia, i'm mainly fond of SEPTA and NJT, but i try to learn about other TA's as well... I hope to learn alot about CTA from this site... and... um... sorry about your NABI's :(

Welcome Aboard Septa Kid! Wish Philly still had the "Almond Joys"! We see all the Septa New Flyer deliveries, they pass through Chicago heading east.

Welcome Aboard Septa Kid! Wish Philly still had the "Almond Joys"! We see all the Septa New Flyer deliveries, they pass through Chicago heading east.
I know!! The reason why i found this site is because of some images that i saw =)

Let me know when you see an LFR in the SEPTA scheme

And about the Budd M3's or "Almond Joys", those trains were loads better than those shaky, oddly shaped ADtranz M4's. But the lighting was just terrible in those Almond joys, and having only ridden them in my childhood days (I'm 16 now) i don't really think i fully got to appreciate the art of those cars because i was too scared of the dark :P

All in all, thanks for the warm welcome ;) :lol:

• Like 1

I know!! The reason why i found this site is because of some images that i saw =)

And about the Budd M3's or "Almond Joys", those trains were loads better than those shaky, oddly shaped ADtranz M4's. But the lighting was just terrible in those Almond joys, and having only ridden them in my childhood days (I'm 16 now) i don't really think i fully got to appreciate the art of those cars because i was too scared of the dark :P

All in all, thanks for the warm welcome ;):lol:

Youll really enjoy reading some of the posts on this site. We talk about all transit on this site.

Welcome to the forum! :D

I visited Philly in 1998 and 1999 and was fortunate to ride the Almond Joys and the ADtranz M4s.

I think the roof pods make those cars look strange but at least they still have a railfan seat. Our L cars no longer have them since CTA went to OPTO.I wish we still had electric trolley buses in Chicago but ours have been gone since 1973. :(

If I may ask a SEPTA subway/surface question: do the operators ring two bells when the car is ready to leave the subway station?

Gene King

I have some Septa videos, three from Carson Home videos. The Kawasaki trolleys, the Almond Joys and the regional rail system. I am fascinated by Pennsylvania trtaction.

Welcome to the forums :-). Nice to see a new person join the forums. I hope you have lots of fun here on the forum (and I'm postive you will :)).

If I may ask a SEPTA subway/surface question: do the operators ring two bells when the car is ready to leave the subway station?

Gene King

No, they would sometimes, but not always

Welcome to the forums :) By the way I saw a 830X(I think it was 8301) and a couple others at Istate on Saturday, didn't get pics though.
Nice sighting, But i think it would have been better if we got LFR instead of LF

• 11 years later...
On 6/28/2009 at 7:04 PM, septa_kid said:

Hi DJ, it's Rick LoL

I know I'm 11 yr late but literally just found this forum and am loving it lol. Good to see a familiar face amongst the crowd lol.