Picture Taking

sw4400

I read the picture article on the tattler link, and according to what I can make from it you can only take photos of friends and family around CTA Buses and Trains.  But you cannot just take a photo of the equipment.  I just bought a $150.00 Digital Camera, and I do not feel like having it taken away by an angry CTA person who doesn't like me taking a picture of a Bus or a Train.  

Taken from Tattler Article:

"Our goal is to try to be flexible and recognize that tourists and others may want to take pictures.  But if it appears to us that someone is more interested in the facility itself or the equipment, then in photographing their friends or scenery, then our personnel has the right to ask them to stop."- Ms. Noelle Gaffney CTA VP of Marketing and Communication.

If I understand this paragraph correctly, we cannot just take a picture of Buses and Trains.  If anyone understands differently, please explain.  Because this is what I am getting from this article.  Until then, my Camera will not take another photo of a CTA Bus or Train, as I am too scared to lose my new camera...

No one can stop you from taking photographs of buses (or just about anything else for that mater) provided your are on the public way (sidewalk, street, etc.).

If you are standing on CTA property when taking the photo, then you are subject to any photography regulations CTA may enforce. However, CTA does not have the legal right to confiscate your camera, memory card, or film. Only a law enforcement officer can do this.

I'm not a lawyer so don't call me for bail. :P I'm pretty sure even a law enforcement officer can't confiscate your equipment. If the CTA wants you off the property then leave and come back another day. Here are a couple links. Google photographers rights for more info.

Your rights and remedies when stopped or confronted for photography

A book about the subject.

The Law, In Plain English, For Photographers

I just want to add don't be scared. That's what they want. It's the main means of controlling you.