Electric Trolleybus Request for Chicago Transit

I ask everyone of you should start your campaign writing to Chicago Transit Authority for your electric trolleybus gets back on the road as well as establish your electric trolleybus club organization in Chicago endrosement. Please restore behalf action on electric trolleybus request to Chicago Transit Authority & City of Chicago, you may contact with Chicago Mayor at encouragement. I want everyone get lot of picket sign carriers for electric trolleybus request to be restore and new electric trolleybuses re-installed! Thumb UP! I endorsed Chicago gets electric trolleybus! Thank you in Big-Hearted Chicago!

Paid Respectfully to Chicago!

Sincerely,

Mister David Johnson

Why should we spend our time petitioning for something that was ripped out (including the electrical infrastructure and substations) 39 years ago? With the new mayor being told to set priorities, and this not being one, you have to give a rational list of reasons, not big bold type.

Especially there is no point in wasting our time picketing for one.

And if you expect us to do so, since you have revealed you name, you should also reveal any personal financial interest you have in this.

• Upvote 1

Is this guy just trying to be funny or is he really serious? Sorry, but the electric trolleybus in Chicago is dead. I know youre probably just excited about Rahm coming in as mayor, which I am not! And his statement about prioritizing Chicago transit. I wont waste my time writing to my politician about bringing something back which we all know will not happen. In fantasyland maybe, but I highly doubt we will ever see the return of the electric trolley coaches. Lets move on!

I'd much rather see the reintroduction of streetcars or a light rail system on the heaviest bus route corridors.

I've sort of thought that (i.e. a Broadway-Cottage Grove line or maybe Western).

However, I think that my belief is based on having read Lind at a young age. The problem is essentially the same as for real BRT--one would have to have an automobile-free corridor, and stations where an accessible train could pull up--not the pre-1957 running in the middle of the street. This might work in the Carroll Street or McCormick Place corridors where you have right of way, but not really much where else.

Which sort of reminds me of the proposed Monroe Circulator--Krambles saying that it would be a return to multimodal use of the streets, i.e. streetcars, except it somehow became the defunct circulator circa 1996.

Of course, the infrastructure cost would be higher than for a trolley bus (unless one believes that one could still use tracks buried 50 years under the asphalt), but the overhead system would not be so ugly.

Hopefully Rahm's new CDOT king Gabe Klein, an advocate for light rail, will be an asset to help Chicago finally install a new light rail system. A project I think this city desperately needs.

Hopefully Rahm's new CDOT king Gabe Klein, an advocate for light rail, will be an asset to help Chicago finally install a new light rail system. A project I think this city desperately needs.

Again, I'm not sure about that. Basically, anywhere there is a right of way, it is assumed that rapid transit should go there.

To bring up Krambles again, he said that the Skokie Swift was a light rail project, except they didn't use that term in 1964. One can also add--it always used heavy rail cars, except they had to have overhead electric equipment until recently.

Hence, I suppose we can discuss it if you can propose a corridor where it would work (and, I suppose, subject to the same constraints I raised for streetcars and BRT). I concede that I suggested a few above.