Marmons and Brills

trainman8119

If anyone is interested, St.Petersburg Tram is in preorder status for Marmon Herrington models. Looking through the site, there is a limited availability of ACF Brills . I have a couple of buses (Twin and old look GMC) from this company, and they do a really good job on reproducing these buses. Just know, they are not cheap. They have gone for between $200 and $300+, but if your a fan of old bus reproductions, it is very much worth it.

Update: The Marmon link is here.

One thing I did see on the preorder page is that Moscow and Kiev apparently had PCCs. I wonder if they paid the licensing fees.

If there was a model version of that trolley bus(the Marmon)that'd be a nice bday present for me(Turned 50 Today)

• 11 months later...

OMG! I had an awesome dream this mornng, I just had to share it with everyone! I was dreaming that I was operating a CTA Marmon trolley coach on the #80 Irving Park. I was doing an EB trip, the passengers were

treating it as all was normal. I really couldnt tell if I was driving in this era or back in the 50s or 60s.

It felt like I was in the 1960s. But what a dream! I remember sitting in the drivers seat, operating the switches, I recalled placing one of the poles back on the wire, operating the doors, I recall hearing the motors and that familiar sound and fast acceleration of the CTA trolley coach, driving down Irving Park. It was sooo cool!!! :)

OMG! I had an awesome dream this mornng, I just had to share it with everyone! I was dreaming that I was operating a CTA Marmon trolley coach on the #80 Irving Park.

Now you have an obligation to go to every CTA, Metra, CDOT, RTA and Emanuel press conference and demand that they rewire Irving Park. Especially since it goes by da Mare's house. :lol: