Niles Bus@S.Holland

PACE 834

I sure think so, since that was of the type that went out of service maybe 18-20 years ago.

The ones that were in service until Niles got the Eldorados were 1920-1937, although Niles didn't have all of them at one time (some in Melrose Park, McHenry, and around Schaumburg). They also were lift equipped; this one doesn't appear so.

So, the question arises where it was immediately before this.

OH WOW 1903 !!!

I use to live in Niles for a short time and I took the "Free bus" around allot and for a LONG time it was stored inside at the OLD public works building (gas pump/scale infront) next to the Niles police department,It was always behind the tinted windows and wondered what the story was on it ?? Last time I had seen that bus was last year when I was in town,On the 290 westbound.Shame,I guess they tried to hold on to it for this long and probably some "HEAD" just said to scrap it ??

Funny,I just noticed the 1/04 registration sticker on the window,But never have seen it in service when i lived in Niles ??

But still miss the old Chance RT-52's from my days (crappy bumpy ride or not lol )

...and for a LONG time it was stored inside at the OLD public works building (gas pump/scale infront) next to the Niles police department...

Thanks for shedding light on the mystery.

I suppose someone at Pace looked through its computer and said "there is some old inventory out there."