Cta train operator requirements

mrandrelindsey

I can't give you the full details, but I'm sure you have to be 21, have some special license or pass a special exam, and I'm sure H.S is the minimum requirement(most jobs today require at least that much). Someone with a little more information can probably fill in the holes here...

My brother was a Bus Operator for a few weeks before termination. He had to take I believe a week of classroom training, then a week of vehicle training before becoming a Bus Operator. Same, or thereabouts probably applies for those wanting to become a Rail Operator.

hi i'm 19 and want to get into operating the trains for the cta i want to know the requirements for the position and do you have to attend school to be able to get this position?

• If CTA has any openings, the qualifications would be on their careers page.
  • I don't know if CTA has worked through the layoff list of the past two years, but that's probably the reason why there aren't any listings now.

Given the tight job market these days, you probably should not limit yourself to a shrinking industry. When I was your age, I thought it would be cool to work for the CTA during summer break, but didn't get a job then. I suppose now that CTA is not hiring full time temporaries like they once did.