CTA Recrew VS MTA Fasttrack

CURRENTZ_09

CTA Renew Crew

We're working hard to make your commute better. That’s why we’ve recently started a Station Renewal Program where various work crews we call “Renew Crews” will come to a station and work together in a coordinated, comprehensive and efficient way to make improvements. This is a big change from the way we’ve been doing station repairs and cleanings—we think you’ll notice a big improvement in the way we do the work that makes your station cleaner, brighter and better overall. We’re doing this because our customers deserve to have facilities that are visually appealing, clean, and equipped with amenities that enhance their CTA experience.

MTA Trackfast

Transit workers took the opportunity of a train-free environment to clean lighting fixtures, change bulbs and repair platform edges while performing intense levels of station cleaning—things that improve efficiency while also providing a visible improvement to the station environment. On the maintenance side, employees inspected signals, replaced rails and ties, scraped roadbeds, and painted areas impossible to reach during normal train operation.

Information about the CTA Renew Crew

http://www.transitchicago.com/stationrenewal/

Information about the MTA Fast Track

http://mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack/index_ace.html

post-670-1332257963015_thumb.gif

post-670-13322579724453_thumb.jpg

The breakdown is an ongoing station fixture versus shutting down a stretch of track for five nights at a time. While we don't have the flexibility of MTA's subways (i.e. Send the 5 via the 2, 4 and 6 to Grand Central, et. al), my question is that have the CTA shut down service for station repairs (not necessarily tracks)?

The breakdown is an ongoing station fixture versus shutting down a stretch of track for five nights at a time. While we don't have the flexibility of MTA's subways (i.e. Send the 5 via the 2, 4 and 6 to Grand Central, et. al), my question is that have the CTA shut down service for station repairs (not necessarily tracks)?

In NY, it is not entirely flexibility. Some trains are truncated all together. The Lexington Avenue subway was totally shut down for 5 nites. Only one of the two trains that runs at night ran via Bway/7th Avenue. There is no way to send the Pelham Branch down any other line.

In Chicago, obviously the Howard-Dan Ryan trains can run "over the top" and the State St Subway be closed completely. If they did that to the Dearborn subway, they would truncate the O'Hare Branch back to Clark, and the Forest Park back to Jackson,and you'd sweat out a bus shuttle.

In NY, it is not entirely flexibility. Some trains are truncated all together. The Lexington Avenue subway was totally shut down for 5 nites. Only one of the two trains that runs at night ran via Bway/7th Avenue. There is no way to send the Pelham Branch down any other line.

In Chicago, obviously the Howard-Dan Ryan trains can run "over the top" and the State St Subway be closed completely. If they did that to the Dearborn subway, they would truncate the O'Hare Branch back to Clark, and the Forest Park back to Jackson,and you'd sweat out a bus shuttle.

I believe this (the attachment) is what happened...and in case of the Blue, that's what happened during the 2006-07 track fixtures. Bus Shuttles Galore.