Simple Request

twyztdmynd

Many Many Many (homage to captain Lassard/Police Academy) users on this site. But, see one side of the spectrum. This is the 'Chicagobus' site so include Pace.... in Buses and Garages sections. Bill V has done an awe inspiring job. But, this is a vast source for 'the word'. So... slap it up. Give us a complete view of Chicago's system coverage. A one shop stop so to say? How 'bout it Zolk?

• Upvote 1

Many Many Many (homage to captain Lassard/Police Academy) users on this site. But, see one side of the spectrum. This is the 'Chicagobus' site so include Pace.... in Buses and Garages sections. Bill V has done an awe inspiring job. But, this is a vast source for 'the word'. So... slap it up. Give us a complete view of Chicago's system coverage. A one shop stop so to say? How 'bout it Zolk?

This is the Pace forum. However, I don't know what you can get in that it appears that most Pace personnel have apparently been banned from the forum. Hence, you are relying on the members to post stuff. It may be one thing for the moderator to post pictures near his home, another to expect people to go out to Aurora to see if 2826-2829 are really bigger.

One, of course, could be Andre and keep making FOIA requests of Pace, but up to now that hasn't been too fruitful.

So, I guess one is only going to get the member on the street viewpoint.

Thanks for the feedback. There are currently no plans to expand coverage beyond CTA, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

• Upvote 1

This is the Pace forum. However, I don't know what you can get in that it appears that most Pace personnel have apparently been banned from the forum. Hence, you are relying on the members to post stuff. It may be one thing for the moderator to post pictures near his home, another to expect people to go out to Aurora to see if 2826-2829 are really bigger.

One, of course, could be Andre and keep making FOIA requests of Pace, but up to now that hasn't been too fruitful.

So, I guess one is only going to get the member on the street viewpoint.

I am not asking the drivers anything. I was just interested in creating a 'carbon copy' of the Buses and Garages section for Pace. I mean if one had the time you can search thru the forum for an up to date "idea" of what buses Pace has. I am just trying to simplify the process. I am sure you know what pace has... as do several of us. But I am trying to help out the newbie members. So yes, I am asking for help from the members. Although it may not be "written proof", It still would be handy. This forum was founded by second hand info and opinion and opened my eyes to new ideas and see there are more like me out there. I think the views are great. The info can not always provided in writing but I still honor it. I mean you've must of accepted non creditable info once. After all, a member must of told you about this site or did you receive a notorized invite ?

P.S> Thanks Z for your reply.

I am not asking the drivers anything. I was just interested in creating a 'carbon copy' of the Buses and Garages section for Pace. I mean if one had the time you can search thru the forum for an up to date "idea" of what buses Pace has. I am just trying to simplify the process....

P.S> Thanks Z for your reply.

I was just noting the practical problems in doing it in a way that would make the information authoritative. Pace already has a divisions page, so that takes care of the garages. Then it would have to get down to how detailed one would have to get about the series. I suppose there could be a page that said that South has 2401, 2433, 6262, 6600 and 6910 series buses; NW has 6000 and 2600 series buses, etc., but then collecting pictures of those buses would be a task.

Strangely, the CPTDB Pace page seems the most accurate, but it appears that Andre posted his FOIA in the discussion board.