really wrong destination

brownliner

Saw a 60' NF tonight leaving the SB start point of the 145 (Wilson & Ravenswood) displaying an X99 Chicago Man campus route sign. This was about 21:20, so it should have been displaying "not in service" on the way back to the garage, since I think the last bus starts its route at 20:35.

I suppose this is as good of a topic as any now, but a couple weeks ago, I was at Washington/Sheridan in Waukegan here, the 561 came in. Bus was one of the 2400 series NABIs with flip dot headsigns. Part of the sign was stuck, and read "Not Via McAree" and something else. Didn't have my camera on me, and by the time I could get down there with it, another bus was on that route, as they switch drivers at 11 AM, and sometimes bring a different bus out.

Wanted to make a demotiviational style poster out of it, and the poster caption could read "You are here, we are not", or something.

I suppose this is as good of a topic as any now, but a couple weeks ago, I was at Washington/Sheridan in Waukegan here, the 561 came in. Bus was one of the 2400 series NABIs with flip dot headsigns. Part of the sign was stuck, and read "Not Via McAree" and something else. Didn't have my camera on me, and by the time I could get down there with it, another bus was on that route, as they switch drivers at 11 AM, and sometimes bring a different bus out.

Wanted to make a demotiviational style poster out of it, and the poster caption could read "You are here, we are not", or something.

Do you have an idea what the front part of the sign was from? Update: Maybe "NOT IN SERVICE"

Like Leno's Headlines, that could make sense, i.e. when CTA buses had rollsigns, there were some like 63-Naragansett via 63rd, and 63-Naragansett via 65th. Maybe the first one didn't have the via, but they could have also said NOT via 65th. However, there aren't many (if any) examples of branch bus lines these days.

And, for that matter, I doubt that anyone knows what Castlecrest is these days. They should have just made it Beach Park.

Saw a 60' NF tonight leaving the SB start point of the 145 (Wilson & Ravenswood) displaying an X99 Chicago Man campus route sign. This was about 21:20, so it should have been displaying "not in service" on the way back to the garage, since I think the last bus starts its route at 20:35.

Oh yeah definitely wrong sign given that route hasn't existed for a few years now.