6000 Flxible Metros

cta6085

• About to 6040-Kedzie
  • About to 6070-Forest Glen
  • Into the 6090s-103
  • anything else to Forest Glen

None of this is constant. Some of the lower ones were seen on 74th routes, then to Kedzie, then to Forest Glen in the big swap, and then back to Kedzie when FG got the Novas. A few of them are sitting in the 77th Perry yard.

• 3 weeks later...

• About to 6040-Kedzie
  • About to 6070-Forest Glen
  • Into the 6090s-103
  • anything else to Forest Glen

None of this is constant. Some of the lower ones were seen on 74th routes, then to Kedzie, then to Forest Glen in the big swap, and then back to Kedzie when FG got the Novas. A few of them are sitting in the 77th Perry yard.

You're not quite correct, Busjack.  6000-6046 is broken up between Kedzie and 103rd, with most of the lower numbers in this group at Kedzie.  I know that the Forest Glen Flxibles start at 6047 and go up to 6189(largest Flxible number seen on a Forest Glen bus route.).  74th Street Garage has 6190-6329.  6047 is the lowest number I've seen on a Forest Glen route sans 6037 I mentioned in the earlier Bus Shuffle thread.

As I said, none of this is constant. All of this is probably also subject to what is being rehabbed at the moment.

Bus Repairman's post on what was at 103rd as of 3/29/06 includes 6074 - 6097 at 103rd, which you imply (maybe by omission, not realizing that there could be a discontinuity in FG's numbers) are at FG; since he is working at 103rd, I would take his word for it. He didn't have any of the 6000-6046 range there. At one time, 74th's started at 6184.

Also, my response was limited to those originally at 77th (per cta6085's question), which were approximately 6000-6109.